Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What IT people do

The characters: Marcus is our IT guy; Suzy is coordinating guest-related logistics; Mary is a free-lancer doing check-ins and check-outs.

  • Suzy: Mary is going to bring her laptop in for you to install Outlook.
  • Marcus: I told you that that isn't necessary, or possible.
  • Suzy: But she needs to get her email.
  • Marcus: She gets her mail on her gmail account...
  • Suzy: Well I get mine on Outlook.
  • Marcus: But you are on our system/network. She isn't. She can't be.
  • Suzy: How can I send her calendar information?
  • Marcus: You can't.
  • Suzy: Why didn't you tell me that?
  • Marcus: I told you I was going to forward mail to her gmail and you said that was ok.
  • Suzy: Well, what's the point then?
  • Marcus: I dunno, but it would have been handy to know this was a requirement before.
  • Suzy: Well, uh, buuuh...
Marcus looks pensive, tries to think of solution
  • Suzy: TALK TO ME MARCUS, geez... SAY SOMETHING!!!
  • Marcus: I'm THINKING. I think better if I'm NOT talking.

Suzy, fascinated with this novel concept, wanders off muttering.

No comments: