- We get a booking from an 'intermediary' on behalf of their client.
- The 'intermediary' pays with the client's credit card information.
- The funds clear on our account for a three week stay in one of our apartments.
- At the last minute, the 'intermediary' contacts us saying his client has cancelled.
- We are requested to refund the payment not back to the credit card but to another bank account.
- The client never shows.
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Igenious, these scam people
The scan runs something like this: